Joseph - san diego/CA/92115, California
Themes: sports

In everything that I do, eating, sleeping, driving, school, work, life as a whole I strive for consistency. When I first moved to San Diego to go to school, I thought it was going to be a relative easy task for me. I’ve always been a great student I have never received a grade lower then a C. Once I got to San Diego it wasn’t as pleasant as I thought it was going to be. It wasn’t like anything that I have ever done. I wasn’t home anymore, my mom wasn’t going to be able to do things for me like she has always done, I was leaving my friends, family and my gym.

San Diego was a completely new place for me; I had to figure out where everything was like the local Costco, beach, target and restaurants. It was a traumatic experience for me. I’m the type of person that strongly believes in consistency in every aspect of life. I’m the person that wakes up every morning knowing exactly what I’m going to be doing that day. The First two weeks of living in San Diego were horrible for me. I had to learn where everything was, figure out how I’m going to study, since I now share a room with another person for the first time in my life. Around the third week I started to get into a consistent schedule. Mondays I wake up, brush my teeth, eat something, watch a little TV, go to the gym, eat lunch, study, make dinner go to my seven a clock class, come home study a little more and go to bed. Day in day out I started to repeat a particular task with minimal variation. This repetition is what I so desperately needed. Now I absolutely adore San Diego. Now when I go home I feel out of place because I’m so use to my consistent schedule in San Diego.

I wouldn’t be able to live without consistency. I believe the world also need some degree of consistency other wise we would be in complete and utter entropy and nothing would work. A Simple activity such as working out at the gym needs to be consistent for me other wise I will be lost. I strive for consistency in everything I do, whether it is something as simple as my morning routine, doing homework, working out at the gym or even performing at my highest ability on the soccer field. I’m a person that needs consistency in my life to be able to live.