Brian - Lakewood, Colorado
Themes: hope, sports

I believe that no individual in American society today should settle for their current state of affairs. No matter what stage of life you happen to be in, you should always strive to attain and to achieve more and more.

Every person should chase after the things that they have always dreamed of. Letting someone discourage you from following this course of action is foolish. If, since a child, you have dreamed of being a pilot, I say that there is no reason why you should not pursue this goal with anything-but-modest fervor.

What I am proposing applies mostly to extravagant dreams; if your vision is to become a drug-addict or garbage man, then perhaps it would be a wise idea to listen to the words of wisdom speaking into your ear. When you dream, dream big! And while following these ambitions, run with all of your might after them.

I believe that there would be a magnificent change for the better in American culture if every person did more than just settle. Complacency strangles the aspirations of all who fall into its noose. If every man and every woman strove to always be the best at what they did, this nation would never stop improving.

While it is true that not every person will one day receive their dream job, it is not factual that the only option left for you is complacency. Strive for more; strive for better! If you do end up becoming a garbage man, then why not become the best one that has ever existed. Make yourself and the loved ones around you proud of what you have accomplished.

It would also be advisable to make your circumstances benefit your daily life. If you are working at a crumby job, improve it. Make the most of every situation that you are in. Turn your job into something that you enjoy, and if it is impossible to enjoy then I suggest that you find a new place to work.

Take pride in yourself, enjoy your job, and get pleasure out of your daily dealings. As the famous quote says, “live well, laugh often, love much.” If you follow these suggestions, I can guarantee that will enjoy your life and be glad to live it much more so than if you were to pay attention to something contradictory.

I believe in living life to the fullest and in letting nothing stand in the way of my success. No matter the job, I have always made the situation into something that would regularly bring a smile to my face. I would whistle to my work even if it was breaking rocks in hell. This attitude has gotten me far in life.

I have had many obstacles and many distractions, but I am only 18 years old and am already living out several of my lifelong dreams: living in the beautiful Colorado and working for the United States Air Force. And yet, I’m not settling; I will become great. I believe in chasing dreams!