An Indescribable Feeling

Lauren - USA
Themes: love

I believe everyone should experience love at least once in their life. The feeling of love is so strong that it can not be replaced by any other feeling. Although I am only 18 years old, I believe that I am in love already. Most people tell me that I am too young to be in love and I have not had enough experience in the real world, but I try to disregard their opinions and listen to my heart. How does someone know they are in love?

The reason I feel so much love for this particular person is because I feel the most comfortable around him than anyone else. He listens to all of my stories when I am upset or excited about something new. He is there to comfort me when I have had a bad day and when I am not with him; all I can think about is when I will be with him next. I do believe that every couple has their arguments and we aren’t perfect either but when we do get into an argument, we laugh about how silly we are being and get over it. I love how we can talk till all hours of the night about absolutely nothing. We have been together for 3 years and I still have butterflies in my stomach when I am around him.

The both of us have tried to date other people during a break in our relationship and after numerous tries; we always end up back together. My mother has a lot to say about young love since she was in love at a very young age as well. I try to make wise decisions when it comes to our relationship so I don’t end up like my mother who is divorced from the person she once felt this way about. I follow my heart rather than my head which might get me into trouble one day.

I believe that love is something so important in one’s life and should not be taken for granted. Although there are many people in the world for me, I do not want to give this one up. I feel as though we can make it through anything, but hey, if things don’t work out in the end, I always have my family who will love me no matter what.