Pan - South Bend, Indiana

This, I Believe

I believe that everybody is responsible to culture a positive attitude to face the life path, which will give you great power.

When I was in school, I was told to shape my own successful future by taking complete responsibility. I was asked to do what needs to be done, fulfill my obligations, be accountable for my actions, use good judgment, and don’t let others down. Unfortunately, such responsibility, for me, was just regarded as a burden.

Like others, I desire to be successful. But how do I get to the success and measure the success? By how much money I can earn? How happy I am? How satisfied I am? Is success really just up to me? In the past, when I got lost, I always tried to tell myself that I was not the person who can convert failure to success.

It’s Ning who changed me completely.

Ning is the kind of man you love to hate. He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say. He once worked for one of my client’s companies. He’s a unique sales manager because he had several coworkers who have followed him around from company to company. The reason why the coworkers followed him was because of his positive attitude. He was a natural motivator.

Seeing his style really made me curious, so one day I asked him, “I don’t get it! You can’t be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?” He smiled, “Each morning I wake up and say to myself, Hey, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or you can choose to be in a bad mood. I choose to be in a good mood. Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it. Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life. ”

Ning has already been gone from that company for several years, but we still keep in touch. He opened his own company. After experiencing a few near bankruptcies, his company grows stably. I know it’s his highly positive attitude that plays an important role in his success. I always think about him and reflect on what he said when I feel being defeated. Sometimes I even think life is all about choices. When we cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. We have to choose how we react to situations. The bottom line is our choice that how we live our lives.