nicole - west hempstead, New York
Themes: love

This I Believe…

I believe in love at first sight. Stop sighing and read on…

I am not talking about the sappy cliché love between two teenage college students. I am talking about the kind of love one experiences when one is sure of something. When they know what they want, and know they won’t stop until they achieve it; that love. I know you are probably a little confused let me explain:

Have you ever walked down the street and a brand new shiny silver Mercedes Benz convertible drives by and you caught yourself devising a plan on how you will get one just like that?

Have you ever passed by the window of Tiffany & Co. on Park Ave. and saw a gorgeous diamond studs, and started counting how much more pennies you need to save in order to stick those exact ones in your ears?

Have you ever walked down Rodeo Drive and found yourself drooling as your face was pressed up on the windows of Prada, Gucci, and Armani?

Have you ever met someone who is successful and happy, and you promised yourself that, that WILL be you in ten years?

If you have answered yes to any of these questions than you know what kind of love I am talking about.

I am talking about the kind of passion you develop for someone or something that is so irresistible that you will do anything to get it.

I am talking about the drive you feel to be successful, find the one, and have a family. It is all in us. Every day we experience it. We set our heart on something and we won’t give up until we get it. It is the goal we all set for ourselves and aspire for throughout our entire lives.

I believe that we all have an inner drive, a gut, our own little motivational speaker inside of our heads helping us move on and keep going. It’s interesting to think of life in this way, but if you contemplate the idea for a while, you too will see my point.