Misha - Boulder, Colorado

I believe that impossible is nothing. This is probably not the first time you have heard that phrase and it probably wont be the last; many people share this belief with me, but that doesn’t mean that it loses its meaning because its not original. I believe that these words are the most powerful words in the world; every single goal is based off this belief that impossible is nothing, so anything can be achieved and will be achieved. That is why I set goals, to push the limits of what I can and cant do, that is how I improve myself mentally and physically. This phrase is meant to break through mental and physical obstacles that hold me back from becoming who I want to be, and the same for everyone else who believes it. I believe that even though impossible is nothing, it still takes extremely hard work to achieve your goal. I have always been one the younger students in my grade; my parents have asked me from time to time whether I would like to stay back a year so I’m not at a disadvantage for things like sports, but I have always found that it is more rewarding to push yourself to get better at certain things, rather than to take the easy way out which for me would be staying back a year so I’m one of the older kids. Just because I push myself and believe that I can be the best at a certain thing because I believe that impossible is nothing, that doesn’t mean I’m the best at it. I play basketball and I am definitely not the best basketball player in the school; I didn’t make the team last year and I may not make it this year, but I know that impossible is nothing and that is why I keep trying. Now I don’t just sit on my butt all year until tryouts come along, because I know that I wouldn’t have a chance, instead, I train hard during the off season not hoping that I’ll make the team, but knowing that I can. I would be a weaker person mentally if every year I didn’t think I could make the team. I may not make the team this year, and if I don’t, Ill be working even harder this off-season, because I know that I can make the team because impossible is nothing.