YMCA

stephen - columbia, Kentucky
Themes: place, sports

I believe ever small town needs an YCMA. Every small town in the United States needs one if you ask me. It doesn’t just have to be just the big cities. I know it cost a lot of money but the government could help a little. I mean as much as they take they should give more back to the communities in every state. I believe that small towns and the society in general would prosper from the YMCA’s.

Economies in small towns would flourish from the benefits of having a YMCA. It would raise the rate of unemployment because it would give people jobs. For someone who wants a job close to home, it would be convenient for them. For those who drive twenty to twenty-five minutes to get to just a gym to work out also prosper and save gas for the community and the United States. Also the jobs it brings in, allows the county more money to spend for road ways, books, and computers for schools.

YMCA’s would give kids something to do besides waste gas driving around and keep them from doing getting in to things like drugs and alcohol. Also can allow them to express there self however they want. YMCA’s gives them something besides traditional sports like football, baseball, and cheerleading. They could be a gymnast, an Olympic swimmer, and maybe a body builder. Also take away time from the TV and the video games that come with it. Most importantly actually cut down on childhood obesity.

For adults in the life that we live today with all the fast food places, a YMCA would help them more than anything. Gives them a chance to stay healthier and to show children what good health is. Maybe even to cut back on obesity towards adults because it is the number one killer in the U.S. Where I live a person has to drive twenty five minutes to work out and as high as gas is nobody wants to because it costs to much. It also gives the whole family something to do as a family outside of there home.

I believe that YMCA’s could really benefit ever city and state across this land we walk on everyday. From giving the economy a boost to helping kids to live healthier and happier. As far as adults its allows jobs to stay close at home to raise children easier and cut down on gas expense to allow more money for the entire family. I also believe that we all can benefit from it from why can’t communities see this and help out. I know you think well small towns wouldn’t work but, it would because in a small town if five people do it everybody wants to do the same thing.