Aubrey - Seattle, Washington

I believe that living should not be taking for granted, but that having a life should be cherished.

I am an eighteen year old young man that is a student athlete in college. I’ve made it through every series of the educational road for an average student. Now I’m on my way to becoming an above average student, that plans on graduating from college. Though I know I wouldn’t have made it this far if I didn’t believe I could. My life has had its ups and downs to being sad, angry, and happy. During my life time I have learned that life can be taken t any given time without any warning. When I was in ninth grade, one f my good friends by the name of L.J was killed in a freak accident at the age of seventeen. He was a two sport student athlete who n ever got in any trouble. But one day his uncle fell asleep driving back from a basketball tournament and my friend tried to wake him after coming out his seat belt. When his uncle woke up, he immediately slammed on the brakes. My friend flew out the front windshield alive at first till the SUV flipped over crushing and killing him instantly. It was at that moment that I knew life on earth isn’t promised to any one person even if they were the greatest person on the planet.

That accident as the beginning and there was more to come that helped shape m belief into what it is today. I never go a day without thanking God that I’m able to live another day because my ticket can be pulled any day at any time. Light is being shined on me for being thankful and has kept me out the shadows of those who are ungrateful. Living is a privilege that not everyone gets to cherish. I live everyday cherishing the fact that I’m alive and missing those that passed away. I will never take my life for granted, but I will live day by day doing what I love.