T.J. - BG, Kentucky
Themes: sports

This I believe about basketball has changed over the years. The rules and regulations have changed extremely. Basketball was originally made for, I think, teamwork and leadership. People used to play the game for the since of accomplishment and just playing for the love of the game. Now days, people are playing for the money and fame. From playing in elementary school, to playing in high school, to playing in junior college I saw things change completely.

In elementary I played ball for fun. By the time I got in to high school I had figured it out, that high school was all about popularity. When I was in high school, I tried out for the team but didn’t make it because of popularity reason’s. Some people would say it was because I didn’t try hard enough, but I was at every practice and still didn’t make the team. But the kids that didn’t come to practice still made the team.

I have learned and noticed that professional basketball has changed extremely since I have been alive and watching it. Back in the old days of basketball, if you faught you were automatically kicked out of that game, and had to lose an entire paycheck for one game. These days, if you fight, you still get kicked out the game, and you still have to pay a fine. But the amount of money these guys are getting to play professional ball, they think it’s funny. I believe you should play for the love of the game not how much the National Basketball Association will give you.

I also believe kids should not be able to come straight out of high school to the pro’s. I think they should have to go to college like everyone else and prove they can do it. Don’t get me wrong, the money they get, they could probably live off for the rest of their lives. But what happens if they get hurt 2 years into their career, they will have nothing, no profession to fall back on. There has been some kids come straight out of high school that have made it a while in the NBA like: Tracy McGrady, Lebron James, and Kobe Bryant. But on the other hand there has been some kids that have got hurt coming straight out of high school, and all they have is money and no profession to fall back on. My beliefs and my opinions won’t make that much difference, but I figured I’d tell you my thoughts on this subject.