Lauren - plainview, New York
Themes: forgiveness

I believe in redemption. There is always a saving grace for every person. No matter how regrettable a past there is always time to make a change for the better and save a life. You can never change the beginning but theres always room to redraft, rewrite and change the ending. A year is going to come and go whether we like it or not, you could stay in the same rut, or move on. To repent for the past is one thing, but dwelling on it is another thing entirely. Redemption means moving on, gathering the strength to forgive yourself for mistakes and allowing yourself to move on, that is the greatest triumph of all. Redemption is about making a change, redemption is not just recognizing our sins, it is about coming to the realization that we can change, and implicating that change. Redemption comes when we take the first steps to leaving behind our bad ways and starting a new beginning. Redemption is that new beginning.

I believe anyone can break the addictions that hold them down and break the chains that bind us to our past mistakes, we must never forget our past, but we must always look to the future and take back our lives. Giving up the things that brought me down, realizing that I can do it on my own and believing that living a good life was entirely possible, has brought me to redemption. Redemption is letting go of addiction, letting go of the past, and starting over, always remembering the past, but never reliving it. Redemption is learning from your own history, and writing the next chapter. We are the driving force behind our own destiny, we are fate. Each day is a chance for redemption, we just have to take it.