Should be Legal!

alexander - tallahassee, Florida

What should be made legal today might you ask? Marijuana! Someone might argue the fact that pot is a drug, but so is alcohol and nicotine. People seem to over look the fact that the alcohol and nicotine are our nation’s top killers. Together they kill over a million people every year in the United States alone. While marijuana on the other hand, has not even had any type of record of someone dying while using it. I believe it should be made legal just how like cigarettes are and taxed very heavily. The government could bring in millions of dollars off taxing pot. And if the government didn’t use tax dollars on stopping pot from coming in the country, arresting users, prosecuting the charged, and than housing people in jail for pot they would have billions of dollars to spend elsewhere. There are so many other things the government should be spending there money like: better schools, social security, war debts, stopping terrorist, and the list could go on forever. Also marijuana has been made legal in other countries in Europe and has been accepted by there society. Even in the United States there have been bill attempts to legalize pot in California and Colorado, but failed because of Federal government stepped in. I think people should not look at marijuana as a drug like cocaine and heroin, but as a drug like alcohol and tobacco. Hopefully some day our society will see all the facts and benefits of making marijuana legal.