Sarah - Parsons, Kansas

The Colors of Mood

I believe in the moods of color. The brights, darks, and neutrals all represent a certain mood in life. The bright colors of yellow and orange represent happiness and joy. The dark colors of grey and black represent sadness and depression. The neutral colors of beige and brown represent dullness and plainness. From the deep blue sea to the dark cloudy sky to the boring beige wall; these colors have a huge impact on a person’s mood.

The bright colors in life represent the happy moments, the unforgetful memories, and the joyful tears. The bright, yellow sun glistening off of the sparkling, white snow lets off a feeling of happiness. The bright reds of Valentine’s Day represent the joyful tears cried when two people fall in love. The pretty, bright white Christmas lights dangling on the Christmas tree represent good memories with loved ones. The far away, bright blue sky reminds us that there is something out there better than this world we sometimes call Hell. These are the bright colors that give us the feeling of success, hope, and peace.

The dark colors in life represent the sad moments, the hurtful memories, and the heart-breaking tears. The dark, cloudy sky on a rainy day represents a never ending war. The black and white represents the days of racism, which still brings hurt to our world today. The black charcoal that suddenly catches on fire represents the broken heart burning in sadness. The ugly, dark brown mud represents a swamp of sin, sadness, and confusion. These are the dark colors that give us a feeling of suicide, depression, and anger.

The neutral colors in life represent the boring days, the dull moments, and the lonely nights. The tall, beige walls represent the boringness of life. The dull, brown trees in the fall, represents the loneliness we all face in life. The closed, tan door represents a feeling of being trapped. These neutral colors give us a feeling of loneliness, dullness, and lifelessness.

The colors in life have a huge impact on our mood. The different colors all change our way of thinking, feeling, and acting. The brights that make us happy, the darks that make us sad, and the neutrals that make us bored are all examples of moods. I believe in color and the way it affects our moods.