PE - Los Altos, California

Driving to work, Zheng ignored the problems that lie ahead of him, and instead chose to focus his attention on driving carefully. This meant not starting once the light was green, but instead waiting for someone to honk at him, often repeatedly. Zheng never understood other people’s fascination with their horns and fingers. It was so unsafe to honk with one hand and make all kinds of gestures with their other hand. ‘Didn’t people understand this’, he thought? He would simply stop until they went away. He had seen many times on the news how many of these screaming people also had guns and he would have none of that. As he was driving down Great America Parkway, he was feeling polite and stopped to allow someone to make a right hand turn in front of him. This required him to brake abruptly from 50 mph, and the giant white guy in the SUV behind him, who was also on the cell phone had to swerve to avoid him. What an imbecile, now he was honking and yelling into his cell phone. Very unsafe to be on the cell phone while driving, Zheng thought. After parking he headed to his cubicle, and spent the rest of the morning and well into the afternoon and evening engrossed in computer modeling.