Hannah - Marietta, Georgia

I believe in happiness. Not only cups half-full and silver linings on every cloud but the genuine spirit of kindness that people share with one another.

I believe more than one person was placed on this earth for a reason and humanity and community have the privilege to share positive effects with each other. I believe it is easier to be nice than it is to be mean. The attitudes and actions between humans is more influential than a person’s own thoughts and actions. By lending a hand to a sister of brother of the human race one can spread hope to the hopeless, joy to the downtrodden, and kindness to those in need.

I believe in joy, joy that one can experience only through the company of another. I believe all interactions can and should be positive in some way. Though difficult to find the time, it is relaxing to appreciate the simple things in life, nature, and laughter. But this time out can be more deeply appreciated through the accompaniment of other people, such as watching a storm come in with family on my grandmother’s porch, a beach sunset with best friends, or a ride to school with my sister. Sharing experiences with other people make the unbearable bearable. I believe isolation would be the worst punishment.

I believe an act of kindness spreads happiness. No matter how big or small, a generous or cheerful action could save a life, make a day, or simply put a smile on someone’s face. In today’s world, these acts are exceptional and stand out; I believe this should be the norm. Each family, each society, each group of friends could be that much more supportive and happy.

By getting out what you put in, the attitudes you have with other people rub off on your own personality. The more cheerfulness you contribute to society, the more happiness you get out of life. And the nicer you are to others, the nicer they are to you.

Radio DJ Cory “Coco Brother” Condrey said, “Well let’s deal with them in love.” This simple philosophy could improve the world’s morale and maybe solve a few world problems. A simple step at the base and foundation of all action is not just loving others but living your life through the love that keeps the people around you happy and as a result makes you happy.

Everyone has an impact on people. By making your impact an educated and cheerful impact, you can spread happiness through the fellowship and connections the human race share. I believe in love.