William - Albuquerque, New Mexico

By: William Yazzie

I believe that if Christmas didn’t involve presents it would still be everybody’s favorite holiday. I like it when I get together with my family. When ever I go to my Grandma’s house for Thanksgiving and Christmas I always get a warm felling in my stomach. The surroundings are covered with snow, and the inside is filled with nice smells that goes along with a thick layer of smoke.

When I look around I see all my relatives eating and talking with each other, and it’s like they totally forgot that there’s presents. I wish every time I go to my Grandma’s house was like that.

At my Aunt’s house we have a big family dinner every month. On January 1st we go there to celebrate Christmas, so I get that warm feeling in my stomach more than one time. So I love the wondrous Christmas season.

When you think of Christmas you think of presents, decorations, and songs, but I think about eating with your friends and family. Many others think about that too I’m not alone in this world.

If you really like Christmas you will get that warm feeling too. This Christmas look around to see if you get it. You don’t need presents to have a good Christmas. All you need is your family.