Shandiin - Albuquerque, New Mexico

I believe in painting, painting for the soul and the mind, with brush to canvas and spirit to the world. It’s to spread your desire and passion into the physical form of seeing and emotion to make something beautiful and to make a gift for the world.

I started painting even before I can remember and probably through most of my life. It feels like magic to create images and beauty with a world of colors at the tip of my brush and it feels like with each stoke of paint, a burden is removed from my shoulders for the moments I stand before my easel painting and creating. I can lose myself in a world of pigment, linseed oil and turpentine, only having to think of images, shade, and perspective, and to let my hands take control of my body so that even through time, I won’t even think consciously, but let time pass in the creation of life upon canvas with myself in a state of meditation.

Through painting I want to make people smile and to make their day a little better while they glance at something I created because I don’t paint just for myself, but for the world and the people living in it.

I believe in painting.