Jason - Wonderland, Washington

I Believe Too many people in the world today are not happy. This lack of

happiness is bringing nothing but depression, grumpiness, and a deficiency of motivation. It also brings down others to the same low, causing all sorts of dilemmas. I believe that people need to be more optimistic and happier in order to enjoy their life to their greatest potential.

Many people just wake up and decide that the day ahead of them is going to be horrible, regardless the circumstances. As a young teenager, I do not have the ability to understand why this sensation comes about, and why those same people don’t wake up saying, “I’m gonna make the best of this day no matter what happens.” When I wake up, I too, can be a little frustrated from the previous night or I just want to sleep more and I am not in the most gracious mood, but I still give my best effort to have a positive attitude.

No matter what my feelings are in the morning, I still try to be a genuinely nice guy. I make an attempt to greet everyone I see in the hallways at school. You never know how far a little “Hi, how are you doing?” can go. There have been so many circumstances when a person will say hi to someone who was strongly considering suicide, but their thought process has been changed because they finally feel that someone out there cares for them.

If people would just look at the good effects of even the worst problems, imagine how many more stress-free lives there would be, and how much less violence would come about. Every single day, violence and new problems come into play from stupid, pointless things. I believe that people just need to relax and try to enjoy life instead of finding ways to complain about it.

Too many people today complain about little things of no importance. All kinds of people want others to feel pity for them because they are insecure. I think that this is also a big problem. When you associate yourself with people like this, it is hard not to be annoyed and have a good time yourself. People need to stop feeling sorry for their selves and start caring more for others.

In my house, we have been raised and taught to love others. We may fight often, but we are striving to get better at avoiding that, and no matter what happens, we will still love each other. I understand, at times, that can be a difficult thing to do, but it needs to happen. Ultimately, it will pay off. I myself strive to show affection for others and be a good example and leader. I do not try to put down others and make them feel bad about their selves. I don’t have very many people that I struggle to get along with. I seem to be getting by just fine, and I feel that most people like me and enjoy my presence. I’m not saying everyone needs to be more like me, but I believe that if people just have more happiness in their lives, everyone will enjoy life so much more.