Mohammed - Berea, Kentucky
Themes: respect

A wise man said “to believe is to exercise belief in; to credit upon the authority or testimony of another; to be persuaded of the truth of, upon evidence furnished by reasons, arguments, and deductions of the mind, or by circumstances other than personal knowledge; to regard or accept as true; to place confidence in; to think; to consider; as, to believe a person, a statement, or a doctrine.”

I believe in peace and equality. Despite the massive oppression that I had to deal with for a long period of time, I still believe that violence is not the way to create a solution, even though I respect every human being that does his best to change the situation that he is living in, using his own way to deal with it.

Taking my current situation –as a Palestinian living under Israeli occupation- under consideration, I believe that the only way to end it is by pursuing a non-violent procedure that has egalitarianism, justice, integrity, freedom, and veracity as its pedestal.

Peace is a mental acceptance of, and conviction in the, truth, actuality, or validity of something. Based on my past experiences I believe this to be true because peace has never been achieved in my society without entire devotion to the concept. I don’t believe in antidisestablishmentarianism, I don’t think that one government should take over the other, but I assume that both governments should have mutual understanding in order to encourage peace and maintain a stable everyday life for their citizens.

Gandhi once said “An eye for an eye and the whole world is blind”. This is exactly what is happening right now, and the world is going nowhere except down hell. I believe in forgiveness as a way to pursue happiness and tranquility. When I observe the situation in Palestine I could tell that everyone is going to be blind if they keep retaliating against each other. Society in general doesn’t comprehend ideas this complex, so the world as a whole will still continue destroying its self inadvertently.

The people of the world have a lot of differences and similarities, and if we can come together and respect our differences and promote out similarities the world’s society will benefit in the long run. Ironically the world has different perspectives on identical subjects, which intern causes different believes about similar things. For example, the swastika represents death and destruction in Germany, and in the Hindu religion it represents peace.

So if the people of the world had the same beliefs, society would benefit greatly, but this is impossible to do because everyone sees things form different perspectives and every religion promotes different believes. Life’s experiences shape your beliefs, and that is what causes different perspectives. This is why the world can’t all believe the same thing, and if they could peace would be a possible result.