Beki - Highland, Michigan

The Best Part of Believe is the ‘Lie”

Belief-Noun- The acceptance of something true or actual.

That’s belief. According to the Doubleday Dictionary. But everyone has there own definition for belief. What’s belief to you? What’s belief to me? That’s easy. Belief is accepting something you know isn’t true.

There’s a song, by a band called Fall out boy and I guess to them…. “The best part of believe is the lie”

If you think about the spelling you’ll notice that is indeed a lie in there.

This I believe- every belief has a lie.

Sometimes this lie is beneficial, sometimes…. not so beneficial. If we all think about it, we have all believed in something only to find it a lie by our parents. And yes you all know who I’m talking about.

Santa Claus, the Easter bunny, and the Tooth fairy.

You know the big fat guy in the red suit who brings you presents. The giant bunny who hides your Easter eggs and the lady with wings who brings you money for your rotten teeth.

And the best part about them wasn’t their fat red suit, giant ears, winged dress or even the money and presents. NO, it was just believing in them. ‘Cause after all who doesn’t love random fat women in dresses with giant ears sneaking into your house.

But after all that is said and done with, when the truth comes crashing down they leave many heart broken. But those heart broken former believers have to admit… believing in them was one of the best experiences a child could hope for.

We all have belief in ourselves and in each other so that must me we all have lies. What’s my lie? I’d have to say my lie ….. is a secret.

My mother always tells me, just around the time those random people are getting ready to break into my house, that if I stop believing I stop receiving. In my eyes I first thought “stop believing?”… if there’s no belief there can be no lie. Who wouldn’t love a lie free world? But then just like getting glasses my focus changed. A world with no belief… now that just isn’t right.

I think we should all never stop believing and if the lie is still a problem to you… suck it up and take it, like the stronger gender, a woman! Because to have belief we all have to accept the little lie within.