katelyn - Tallahassee, Florida

This I believe that a hug can make anyone feel better. We’ve all had one of those days; Everything seems to be going wrong and no matter how hard we try to make things better, nothing pulls through. I’ll always remember my “day after thanksgiving” shopping experience last year. To this day, I don’t know why I decided to even step foot near the mall doors, but for some reason I did. Lines were long, stores were crowded, babies were crying, and there was no place to go to escape it. Every store my friend and I went to appeared to have the “headache effect”; You were guaranteed a headache by the time you left! After only thirty minutes we couldn’t take it anymore and we decided to leave. Little did we realize that parking on the top floor of a 6 story parking garage could have it’s consequences. Because there were an obscene amount of people at the mall, leaving became a nightmare! Hundreds of stubborn drivers all wanting to be the first ones to exit. Because of the bumper to bumper traffic it took us nearly three hours to finally get out! By the time we finally got out, my frustration had grew to the point that I would definitely not be a happy camper for awhile. I went to my boyfriend’s house afterwards because I did not want to go home to my sister and her friends yelling and running around. He opened the door and greeted me with a huge hug! It’s crazy how for the time that he hugged me, I forgot all about the mall. Hugs just have that kind of power over people. Hugs are so comforting that they can make anyone happy. When life stresses you out, grab a hug!