Katie - logan, Utah
Themes: humanism

Belief Statement

Onions and people

I believe onions are the best veggie! They make your food taste and smell delicious. Onions come in different sizes and colors, each of these onions have layers. With each layer comes goodness. Onions are like people in the fact we all come in different colors and have many layers to us.

There are different colors and sizes of onion as well as people. If everyone treated an onion as a person then we would be in good shape. We as a people are different but that’s what makes us so great. We all have our different flavors of personalities that make us all so grand. If we take people by their personalities and experience, rather than focus on what is different we would find that we would learn a lot more. We would learn about the layers that are in us.

We as people have goodness to us and have experienced many things, which make us unique. We have accumulated our layers by experience and trials. No two of us is the exact same. We may have similar experiences and similar trials but we all have different feelings and the way we have taken those hardship and experience in differently. We either learn from that experience or we hold it in until we blow up. Each of our layers makes us who we are today and helps us take on new challenges. Each of us is different but good.

My many layers thus far have taught me to be myself to take life as it goes. Each new experience is going to teach me something new which makes my layers grow strong so that I can endure this life more easily.

Getting to the core of someone is not an easy task but when you do, you begin to really realize who they are and where they came from. You gain a better understanding of that person and the way they are. You can’t just go straight to the core. You need to go layer by layer and take it one step at a time. Getting to know someone cannot be rushed or it just doesn’t work out as well and you don’t fully know or understand that person.

I believe that onions are like people and that if we take one layer at a time we can begin to understand each other and become one. We can only do this if we look past our size and color. It’s what is in the inside that counts.