Adriel - Centreville, Virginia

I believe in any type of game. Whether if it is a board game, video game, a sporting event, and even Jigsaw’s game. I believe in the hype, intensity, adrenaline rush you get when you hit the game winning field goal in Madden or screaming out Yahtzee when you roll the best combo. I believe that games bring out the best and the worst in people. I have seen controllers thrown against walls in pure frustration and games snapped in half because they were sent back to start in a game of Sorry. I have seen friendships broken and punches thrown. Despite the entire male ego, I have seen people show proper respect when it is needed. For instance, if you know someone that beats Through the Fires and Flames for Guitar Hero on hard, you should shake that persons hand for they have the hands of the gods. I believe in the competition of the games. If you have played a sport, you can understand that feeling you get right before a big game. For me at least, the nerves kick in. Butterflies take over my stomach and my palms become somewhat moist. But when that game starts you want the victory. You push your body to the limit in order for one thing, the win. That same theory applies to the majority of games. Games like Risk and Monopoly take strategy and patience, some traits that I lack. Don’t get the wrong impression, I’m not the Patriots of the gaming world, I am simply like a Luigi in Super Mario. I know what games I cannot play like Halo for instance. Whenever my friends and I play teams I am like the uncoordinated kid at recess. By the time the game was over I would have one kill and 9 suicides. Everyone has their own bread and butter. For me, most would say that Super Smash Brothers and Mario Kart 64 is my forte. As a child Pokemon cards and Dungeon and Dragons was a way of life. When having a Charizard made you the coolest kid in the neighborhood. Games can also bring out the inner child in someone. I hope by the time that I am seventy I am still playing street fighter and throwing hadoukens with Ryu. I believe that second place is unacceptable and all that counts is being number UNO. That means that I have one card left.