Justin - Pass christian, Mississippi
Themes: peace

I believe that the world is blind. In the history books, people always study about different wars and what happened after the war was “won”. To me, I always wanted to learn about the ways people used civil disobedience to resolve issues. I believe in Mohandas Gandhi. He came up with one of the most revolutionary ideas in history.

Yet, people still do the same stuff everyday. Fight, argue, and bicker about something that could be resolved using calm, rational thinking. I adore my mother. She was always so calm even with my brother and me. She never lost her temper and very rarely yelled. It sometimes makes me wonder why there can not be more people in the world like her.

I remember when I was young and seeing people in the rough streets of Orlando, Florida get into fights to where the other guy (yeah the one that lost) was so messed up that he could not even walk. Situations like that make me want to cry and worry. What has the world come to today? Is there not dignity, no civilization? I guess the phrase is right when said, “History repeats itself.” I believe that I am going to be the one to break this endless non-sense. I hope the world will join me in that day. Till then I hope the world does not get to out of hand and checks itself before starting another meaningless war of money and power.