Matt - neenah, Wisconsin

I believe there is a problem with the college experience today. As I get more familiar with my own college experiences as well as my friends at other colleges, I have become concerned.

As someone with an insider’s point of view there are a few observations I have noticed over the past year. First, I believe that college students are approaching their education in a new way. Since students are told they have to go to college in order to be successful, college has become a necessary step in having a career. Because of this a lot of students are thinking about college as a process. I don’t think college students are talking responsibility for their education. Instead students put themselves into a system hoping it will take care of them until the four years are complete and they have a degree to put on your job résumé. I believe students need to be more active in their educational experience. Right now, I think education in the United States is becoming an industry and the students are allowing themselves to be the product.