Justin - sumner, Washington
Themes: birth, morality

What I believe…

Although abortion tends to be a sour topic among society today, it is still a pressing matter that I hold dear to my heart. To me abortion is wrong, and a crime. Even though a woman should be allowed to say how she is, and what she does, I think that abortion should be one thing that they cannot do. When is it ok to take away a child’s life? And what makes it right to steal away someone’s potential happiness and desire to live?

In the last year alone there have been roughly 348,340 abortions in the United States alone. That is three hundred forty eight thousand three hundred forty lives that were just swept away like dirty. I personally believe that it is wrong to take away a child’s life. In today’s society, you can sue another person for ‘taking away their pursuit of happiness, and enjoyment of life,’ and I think that if people can sue one another for this, that it is wrong for someone to completely take away another’s life.

If it is considered murder to kill someone, why is it not wrong to kill a baby in their mom’s womb? There are a lot of ways to avoid pregnancy, and a lot of ways to have a child placed in good homes if the mother is inadequate to have a child. I just personally think that if a woman decides that she wants to have unsafe sex, that she should know that there are potential consequences that go along with it. I would rather see a woman give birth and have her child placed in a foster home, or up for adoption, than killed. There are many families that can not even have children due to medical issues, and they would love to have a child. There are more and more abortions each year and there are a lot of families that would love the chance to have a child for their own.

I just get upset that people can’t take responsibility for their own actions. If you are going to have sex, make it safe sex. If you don’t, there is a higher possibility that you will have a child. Like I already have stated, people should have safe sex, or if they end up pregnant, they should give their child up for adoption if they feel like they cant have a child, or if they feel inadequate to have one at the current time.