Greg - Mchenry, Illinois

When you turn your T.V. or your radio on you hear about people getting killed or hurt and you think to yourself, “that can’t ever happen to me or ‘any body I know. “Guess what? I was seating at my house and I got a phone call from my mom telling me what happened.

Right there and then my heart just stopped. I wouldn’t believe what she was telling me. This person was not just a friend he was like a big brother to me. I was hurt for long time. I got over it, but I never forgot him.

I remember when we used to hang out and play video games in till two o, clock Am. His mom would get so mad at him for letting me stay up that late, but he didn’t care because we where having so much fun. He showed me a lot of things that I will never forget. I was told by a friend that yeah he might be gone, but before he died he left us all little something to remember him by. I believe that because I look at his son and I see his father in him.

I sometimes wonder what it would be like if he was still here on earth; but he isn’t, so all I have is my memories. That’s one thing nobody can take away form me. So next time you turn your T.V. or radio on you should think, “Hey, that can happen to me or somebody I know.” Don’t take things for granted because by time you know it that person or that loved one can be gone in a blink of an eye. Spend as much time with at that person you can because you might not have another chance to do that with that person