Sandra - Lakemoor, Illinois

I believe I still have so much more to learn in life. Everyday is a blank book that fills up as my day goes by. When I think I know everything and there’s noting more I need to learn, I will learn something new before I even know it. Nobody is an expert at life; life is complicated It’s like a puzzle that can never be solved.

So far in my life I’ve learned that you learn as you go, I’ve learned something new everyday. I might not realize that I’m learning something new at the time, but when the time comes and I need the knowledge, I realize that I already knew something I’ve learned before. When I was sixteen and I finally got my driver’s license I thought I knew everything I needed to know for my license, but I still had many things to learn abut being on the road even till this day. Scary things happen on the road, things that I have to react to really fast and every time that happens I learn something knew. I’ve learned many lessons in my life, such as how to really appreciate what I have in life, Live my life the way I want, believe in things I feel strongly about, be happy, and don’t take life for granted. Many people take life for granted, if I do that I won’t appreciate my life as much as a person who doesn’t take life for granted.

I’ve even noticed that adults keep learning. Many people wouldn’t think that; adults learn so much in their lifetime already.But, I bet that they’re not even near to being an expert at life. I see my parents going through lessons in life, learning new things as they do new things, they’re learning something new everyday just like the rest of the world is doing. My parents make mistakes and learn from those mistakes such as my dad forgetting to bring an important paper to work and then having to turn around half way to work and go back and get that paper from that experience my dad learned to check twice before he leaves for work to make sure he doesn’t forget anything. I don’t think that there is a time to stop learning. I’m in my senior year of high school I’ve learned so much in school, I would come to school and I was able to say that I did learn something new everyday whether it was a lesson, fact or a statement. I picked something up everyday that I didn’t know before, and I know that I still have so much more in my life I need to learn because life isn’t all about the lessons and facts you learn at school, it is about what you learn from your everyday experiences. I’ve met many great people in my life but also people that I wish I didn’t meet. I’ve learned in my life not to trust every person that might seem nice, and only trust the people that I’ve known for a while and truly believe that they’re a great friend.