Ashley - Wonder Lake, Illinois

I believe that it pays to believe in miracles. I’ve seen a couple. I watched my brother flip his car right in front of my two eyes and almost die. I believe miracles do happen. It was a rainy day, and I was driving behind my brother. He lost total control of his car. He ended up flipping his car off the road. I pulled my car over. I ran out of the car not knowing what to do. All I could smell was gasoline and other fumes from the car. I was all shaky in my body; tears started pouring down my face. I could see my brother hanging half way out the window. He wasn’t moving one bit. Just looking, knowing that the car was completely smashed frightened me. Right then I realized that he was not wearing a seatbelt. I grabbed my cell phone and tried dialing 911. It was very difficult from all the shaking I had in me. I was terrified knowing my brother was knocked out from the impact of the car flipping. When I made it to the hospital I could smell all the weird things that people smell like. Once I found out that he was ok, I knew it was a miracle. I hope I never have to go through a car accident like that again. I strongly believe that miracles do happen. This belief is important to me because my family and friends are very important to me, and I believe without any miracles they might not be here today.