Brittany - Parsons, Kansas

I believe that two people that love each other should be able to be with each other without being discriminated, judged or hated because of they’re sexual preference. Why is it okay for two straight people to get married but hate each other? Why is it not okay for two gay people to get married and actually love each other? I believe in gay marriage. I believe that if two people honestly and truly love each other, it should not matter if they are of the same sex or the opposite sex. Love is love, no matter what. Everyone says that America is the Home of the Free. To tell the honest truth, I only think it is “The Home of the Free” for straight people. Gay’s can not get married because it’s “unconstitutional”. Why? Is it because it doesn’t specifically say in the Constitution that two people of the same sex can get married? Or is it because it “says” in the bible that it is not right for two people of the same sex to be with each other? Even if two people of the same sex are just together it is wrong. If they are just holding hands or kissing, why do people think it is not right? I am proud to say that I am a bisexual. I think men and women are both attractive. Two years ago I had a girlfriend. We would not let the stares, the snickers, or the name calling get to us. We didn’t care what any one thought of us. One morning, as we were walking into the school from the bus we were holding hands. We were walking through the lunchroom with the crowded mass of students going to their lockers. We were in a conversation when we heard our names being called. I glanced over my shoulder and seen that our Vice-Principal was waving us to come over to talk to him. We turned around, hand in hand, and walked to see what he wanted. As we reached him, he glanced down at our hands and then looked back up to our faces. He asked us if we could step into his office. We walked into his office. At that time we had let our hands fall down to our sides. He began telling us that the school has security cameras in the hallways. I looked at him and wondered why he was telling us this. He then mentioned that he had seen us “making out” in the halls. The whole time he was telling us this, it was as if he were disgusted. His eyes stared at us blankly and his mouth was in a frown. I looked at him and asked him what his definition was for making out. He then told us that he had seen some hugging and that sort of stuff going on. I informed him that it shouldn’t be us he was lecturing to about making out in the halls, it was every other couple in the school that really was. I left his office outraged. I knew for a fact that the only reason he was concerned about us “making out” was because we were two females holding hands and hugging in the hallways. There is no difference between having a relationship with a man or a woman. If there is love between the two, then that is all that should matter. I believe in love at first sight. If that is with a person of the same sex, then they should be able to live their life without having to be judged, discriminated, or hated against.