Myra - Morganton,, North Carolina

My Judgment Days

Everyone has been judged at one point in time. I have been judged all my life, and it hurts me. Judgment causes people to do so many things. I strongly believe that one day I will not be judged.

When I was thirteen, I lost my grandfather; my eighth grade teacher helped me. I took my pain out by not eating. She told me it was his time to go. I hated seeing him go; he always called me his baby girl. It’s hard to leave someone so close. He always knew how I felt; he comforted me, like he had been through what I am going through.

So when I lost my grandfather, I thought it was the end of the world. I thought that there was no point in living anymore if he wasn’t here. I told my teacher, and she said “Life is hard, and we have to deal with it.” I tell some people how I feel, and it’s like people judge me for every thing I do. I told a friend of mine how I felt when I lost my grandfather, and they said that everything would be ok, but I come to find out that they was telling all of there friends and I was judged for the rest of that school year.

I don’t know how to handle being judged, so I started to think that people thought I was fat. I didn’t worry about my weight when I was younger, but now that I’m older, I worry about my weight constantly.

If people weren’t judged, then we wouldn’t have to worry about people starving themselves, throwing up, or over-eating. The only thing that really matters is what you think. So now every time I think of being judged, I just remember that no matter how much it hurts, and no matter how much I want to cry, I won’t say a thing.

I’ll always remember what my grandfather always told me, “It doesn’t matter what other people think, it’s what you think and see.

“ I try to stay positive, and I keep quiet about my feelings, but that doesn’t always work. Sometimes I feel better when I tell people how I feel, but most of the time I vent.

I believe that no one should be judged, for it hurts people, and causes problems. It’s hard not to judge people, so I ask myself how I feel when I’m judged, and to remember to not to do that to others.

As the days go by, I am being judged, but I will keep in mind that no matter how many people judged me, or how many times I am judged, I will still not judge others. Judging people are like saying that there is something wrong with us, or that were not perfect, when the truth is no one is perfect. People who judge are judging people because they think that is a “Cool” way of being popular or getting there feelings out.