Timothy - Morganton, North Carolina

My Family Believes in Me

I believe that family is my strongest support through life. Without family, I would have missed out on many learning experiences. My family has been important to helping me through school and other activities I have pursued. I have been given many new learning experiences through traveling with my family. I have learned important skills from my family that will be with me for the rest of my life.

When I was little and only in preschool, my grandparents would take me to school. Sometimes we would stop by the beach and collect shells before school. I didn’t learn to read well until I was in third grade. School was difficult, but my family helped me succeed. They would help me practice by reading with me at home and practicing word flashcards. They worked with me until I could finally read really well. By fifth grade I could read way above grade level. I found I was good at science. In seventh grade I joined Science Olympiad. My dad helped me build a trebuchet for competition, and I won first place. Even though my family members don’t always understand my homework they will try to help me any way.

I have traveled from Florida to Maine within a month. Some of my most valuable learning experiences have been on that trip, which my family has done many times. For example I have been to the highest mountain on the eastern seaboard. Most of our vacations also include visiting family.

I have learned many good character traits from my family. I have learned trust by having my family members show it to me. They have trusted me even when I have screwed up. My parents have showed me how to be kind to others, by setting a good example for me. They have showed me love by caring for me always.

My family will help me achieve my dreams and succeed in life through out my years. They would help me achieve what I want no matter what it is or how far fetched. My family is my strongest asset and always will be! I think family is the most important in all and everyone’s dreams.