Lyndsey - Morganton, North Carolina

I believe that everyone can achieve their American dream if they put forth the effort. The American Dream could be defined in different ways. Some people may think that if you are doing what you love for a living, then you have accomplished your dream. Others may think that it is more than just being satisfied in their work. A dream may be having a well rounded life. My opinion of the American dream is somewhat complicated. It involves several different areas. One area would be satisfaction in one’s work. Being able to work in the place of your choice and being happy is far better than being forced to work in a place that makes one unhappy. Another area would be family. Some people choose to live their lives alone and others feel they need the companionship that family brings. Another area would be having the freedom to make choices in your everyday life. Being able to choose your religion, where you live, where you shop, and where you attend school all are parts of my American dream.

I feel my American dream would be to have a family and a job when I am older. I would like to have a job that I enjoy doing. I have had many people tell me that I can be anything that I want if I work hard and don’t let anything get in the way. I don’t think I will mind hard work as long as I enjoy what I am doing. I don’t know exactly what kind of work I will pursue, but I know it will be in a field of that involves mathematics. I always try to be very exact in my work, and I pay close attention to detail so that is why my mom says whatever I pursue, it will be math related. I do want to have a family of my own someday. My family now is very close. We do lots of things together and the memories we have made will stay with us forever. My dream will allow me to choose what religion I will practice. Right now I attend the church that my parents attend. In the future, I will be able to decide for myself if I want to go to a different church or not. I will be able to decide where I want to live because we have that freedom in America. I am glad I have the freedom to make these choices, so I will be able to fulfill my American dream.