Diana - tallahassee, Florida

I believe in my dad. I believe that he is irreplaceable. There is no other man in this world that could take the place of my father. There is not a moment where I doubt him. His role in my life over empowers me. He would do anything in his power to make my family and me happy. The past couple months with me going off to college and moving out for the first time have tested our relationship. Moving away took a lot of my strength to actually leave him behind. When I pulled away from my driveway, the place I used to call home, I just kept thinking to myself, am I really doing this, am I actually driving away from my life and the people I love the most. I cried every tear out of me, as I drove those seven hours away to what would now become my new home. For the first couple hours I drove all I could think of in my mind is that it is not to late to turn around and go back.

We talk everyday and he is like a best friend. He encourages me in ways many would think are not possible. He believes that I can do anything I strive for, and only wants the best for me. Without him here in my life I wouldn’t be where I am today. He showed me an example of how he didn’t want me to end up later in life, and that I needed to do something I enjoyed for the rest of my life. At the same time though he showed me exactly how I did want to end up later and that was to be respected by my own kids.

I will never forget one instance I had in my life where I felt as if God was testing my love I have for my dad. I found out when I was in class one day that he had to be rushed to the hospital one morning. I had never experienced such a frightful time in my life as this. Knowing that there was a possibility of me not having my dad anymore was the most horrific feeling I will ever encounter. At that moment I realized everything he had done for me in my lifetime. When I found out that he would be okay I never felt more relieved. I knew God was on my side and that it just was not time for me to lose him yet and hopefully not for many more years to come.