Tabitha - Norfolk, Virginia
Themes: love

Love is

I believe in love that has definite long lasting values that surpasses any amount of money. I believe my soul mate should be someone who I can not imagine to not be without every day and every night. Thinking about love is like breathing fresh spring time weather. Love is not jealous, proud or rude. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

I was seventeen when I started working in a local restaurant, where I first met my love. I was this shy timid girl and he was this six feet, five inches tall, brown skin handsome young man, with tattoos all over his arms. From the beginning, I knew he was not the type of person I’d usually be interested in, mainly because he seemed like a player- thug, and he was six years older than I with two kids. Although he was so attractive, I did not like the other contents that came with the package, especially the fact that he was a grown man still working in a fast food restaurant.

However, as I got to know him by working side by side, I realized there was more to him than his tattoos. He is a genuinely kind person that made me feel like I’m a central part of his life. He made me feel especially important in his life when he called just to say hello or when he spoke up for me when others tried to put me down. He was always there to support me. He patiently waited till when I was comfortable, although other people obviously showed interest. He never loosed faith to pursue me, even when I was unsure about our compatibleness; he endured till the end.

I have known the one who keeps my heart beating and hope thriving for two and an half years. During those two years, he has been the shining light of my life, but a dark shadow in the eyes of my family, because I know they will never approve of him because of his less than appealing education. My parents will always want the best for me, but what about what I want? All I want is someone to love, respect, and be supportive of me. I’m going to always be successful in my life, I just need someone to share my life with, and I could care less about a Harvard or Princeton education. I’ll be alright as long as I have love.

My love is like a stream of self guiding water with no preference to any direction; it just flows. It strives like a beating heart. The feelings and emotions that accompany love is the best satisfaction that life can bring. Love is necessary like a beat to a heart or like quenching water to a thirsty plant. Love is the surviving factor that keeps hope alive.