Andrew - San Diego, California

I Just Need To Be Left Alone Sometimes.

By. Andrew Rowley

First off I just want to say that I am a very social person. I love being around people, small groups or large groups. I just like being around a fun, exciting environment. I tend to strive in group situations. But sometimes I believe that it is healthy to have some “me” time and to just be alone.

For me, “me” time is when I can just be alone and not really do anything. Relax, get away from everything. Gather myself and my thoughts. I am currently a full time college student and I also work at a major market radio station, so my life is pretty busy and chaotic most of the time, which is good, I like it that way, keeps me busy. But every know and then I just need to get away from everything and give myself some time instead of giving other people my time.

I like to head to the beach when I want to be alone. And when I go, I leave my cell phone in my truck and grab my skateboard and just cruise up and down the boardwalk and just be in my own little world. Sometimes I’m out there for 30 minutes, sometimes I’m out there for a couple hours. I will go out there if I’m mad, stressed, happy, excited, confused, or busy and just need a break, doesn’t matter. I just believe that everyone should have a healthy balance of social time and alone time. If you don’t think you have enough time for yourself you are short changing yourself. This is your life and you are owed the time to think, and learn yourself.

Usually after I am done at the beach or wherever I go to be alone, I feel refreshed mentally and physically. As busy and stressful as my life may be sometimes I like to really think and put things in perspective and then I realize I really don’t have it that bad. So you may think you don’t have any free time to do anything else but work or school or whatever it may be to have “me” time, but you do. It doesn’t take much time and you will really benefit from it. I believe that everyone should really devote more time to the most important person in your life, YOU!