Cassie - Gretna, Louisiana

I believe that the people of education should not make us take a test to determine if we pass or fail. We thinking if we take the couses we need we are going to pass. Let me tell you a story when I was a young girl I never knew what getting an education meant. I thought my mom just didnt want me home with her. I never thought that i had to go to school to get a well paying job. I didn’t realize that until my dad sat me down one day telling me because I didnt want to go t school and when I did go I would acted up so they would send me home. So after he told me what I had to do I stop doing what I do and act right. Then I got to the eight grade I found out that I had to take a test called LEAP and it determined if we pass or failed I was really upset. Why did this test determined if we pass or failed I thought. All i thought I had to do was pass the classes i needed to go into high school. Then we couldn’t get the results back until the day before our eight grade cermony. That really stressed us out. The day of the test we was all nervous we didn’t know what to do. Then one of our teachers came to us and said just relax don’t stress yourself out over this test because you will fail. After the test was over i felt relieve but I was still scared because I didn’t know if I passed or failed. A few weeks passed by and then the results came. When they gave me my paper I looked and the paper and saw that i had passed it. I was still upset because some of my friends didn’t passed it they had to go to summer school and could’t come to the cermony. I believe that it should’nt be like that. Children work hard just to passed the courses and they need to pass the LEAP to. That is wrong when they was in school they never had to take that when they was in school so why should we have to take it but they don’t look at it like that. They just want us to take it because they don’t want us to become anything in life. They have there education and it wasn’t hard like it is now of days. I believe that LEAP shouldn’t dertermine if we pass or failed.