Renzo - Bonita, California

When I was a teenager I did horrible things, which hurt many people. I got into many fights, I vandalized private and public property, and I challenged authority constantly. At that time I did not realize the consequences of my actions. As I became a young adult, I was constantly running into bad misfortunes that disrupted my life. That is when I found out about the concept of Karma. The notion of Karma, deals with the idea that whatever action an individual takes, whether good or bad, that action will come back to that person in a good or bad form. I believe in the essence of Karma.

I realized that the reason why I was having bad luck in my life was due to the actions I had taken in my younger years. I changed the way I lived my life by acting upon the concept of Karma. I remember the first time that Karma worked in my favor. My friend at work was constantly bragging about how his brand new car was better than mine. He constantly made fun of my old car and he always said, “Where did you get your car, at the junk yard?” One day after work my friend’s car battery died. I saw his frustration and anger in his eyes. I decided not to hold any grudges against and lend him a hand. I asked him, “Do you have jumper cables?” He replied, with a frustrated look, “Yes, I do”. I pulled my car next to his car, and gave him a jump. He said his thanks and we went off in opposite directions. Over the next couple days remarkable events occurred in my life. I received an award at work, I got an extra check from financial aid, and my car insurance dropped my yearly rate. I always asked myself, “was it coincidence that all of this events occurred in the same week that I helped out a friend in need?” The answer always comes up as not coincidence, but Karma.

Since that day I have lived my life by the concept of Karma. Now I am nicer to people, I do favors when I can for the less fortunate, and I have become more open minded toward individuals. I try to do the right thing in most occasions, not because I expect some sense of reward to come out it, but because I realize that my life goes smoother and calm if I follow the ideology of Karma. It is due to the events that have occurred in my life that I am a firm believer in the essence of Karma.