Cassi - North Quincy, Massachusetts
Themes: love

What does the word love mean to you? Your idea of love may be different from others because everyone feels different and has different perspectives. Each person expresses their feelings differently.

I believe that love is something indescribable. Something that no one can define. A feeling that you have that overcomes everything else.

During my freshmen year in high school, I was in a relationship with someone. It lasted about three years. As months and years went by the feelings I had towards this person changed. It wasn’t just a “like” no more, it had become an infatuation; it became love. We both cared deeply about each other and over time the feelings we had grew. Nothing could bring me down when I was with him. Every time I was around him I had butterflies in my stomach and I got anxious when I knew I was going to see him. We both knew exactly what to do to make each other smile. We were honest with each other and trusted one another. We had gone through a lot of that “high school drama”, and when everyone thought it would break us, it just made us stronger. When people ask why I was with him or what exactly did I see in him, I couldn’t think of an answer because it just wasn’t one thing that made me feel the way I felt towards him, it was everything about him. His personality, his style and the way he treated me. Nothing in the world can compare to how I felt about him. Each and every memory is still apart of me. He wasn’t just a boyfriend to me, he was my best friend. Although things didn’t turn out the way we both wanted it to, I don’t regret anything because he showed me how love can feel and made me realize that anyone can love someone.

Everyone at one point in their life finds someone that they love, someone that they fall head over heels in love with. When you truly love someone you become dedicated to him or her. You make compromises and you would do anything to see each other happy. When you find someone that you know you want to spend the rest of your life with, you get married. You start a family of your own and show the world your love for each other.

I believe that love never really dies.