Robert - Hanover, Maryland
Themes: forgiveness

I hear and see thing from the media and other people and one thing keeps popping up, political correctness. Political correctness happens when someone or an organization offends no one. These people or organizations probably don’t care about the feelings of others they just don’t want to lose money to a person or a group of people and end up offending a lot of people. For example, if a Jewish man is offended that a store only has Christmas decorations and no Hanukkah decorations and gets them taken down because he is offended by it. Doing this causes a storm of hate between some Christians and some Jewish people and it could be worst.

I believe that this should not happen and that there is a way to stop this from happening. The way to stop this from happening is to let something that offends you go, turn the other cheek, forget about, etc, unless it is something that offends could cause violent, like a sign saying kill all the Jews you should get rid of it. I just think that trying to get rid of little things that won’t harm you in any way causes too many problem for you and other people. What I am trying to say I that I believe that people should not get rid of little things that you are offended because it just cause trouble for you and everyone else.

The reason I believe this is because of what happened to me in grade school. In grade school a lot of things offend like people who made fun of me and the cafeteria food. If I tried to rid of things, other students would lose something they liked and cause problems for me and people who agreed with me. Instead I dealt with it by walking away from students who made fun of me and by bringing a lunch from home. That’s all I got to say, I hope you learned something from me and have a better life because of it.