Tyler - Seattle, Washington

I believe that racism is one of the worst things anyone can encounter. This is because if you put down one person of a race your putting down everyone in that race, they can’t change it. No one wants to be racially profiled, or even judged by the way they look or dress. I have learned this from attending high school that people are not always what they seem.

In my high school there are a plethora of groups of all kinds. This makes for a very interesting scene. Also the culture in my school is very diverse. If you were judged for the color of your skin or the way you dress how would you feel?

I believe that the people who are judging and profiling others are those of poor family qualities and those of very ignorant narrow-minded people who in most cases don’t have the right to say half the things they say. I realize everyone deserves opinions but if it is degrading or hurtful to another then they should keep it to themselves.

I have many friends form different backgrounds and religions. If someone made a statement about one of my friends and said that I shouldn’t hang out with them because of their religion or the color of their skin I would be enraged. Because none of this matters to me, and is no ones business but my own. And if someone has an objection then they need a reality check because ignorance like that is no longer tolerated and they need to catch up with the time frame.

Racism, profiling, and hate towards someone because of their skin color and or religion is a thing of the past, and need to stay that way. It should have never taken place in history in my opinion but it did and because of that we need to put it behind us and learn from our ignorance.

If people were more cultured and surrounded themselves with open-minded people who were accepting and less judgmental our world would be so much better off. This world has gone down a path of genocides and racism for as long as time can tell. Which just shows how evil man can be. Although it has gotten substantially better there are still many accounts and forms of discrimination in many countries and even here in the United States. This all needs to stop and the world needs to take a stand and say that this is wrong and needs to change our re-accruing ways. And this I believe…