olichka - Lynnwood, Washington
Themes: love

This I Believe…

I believe in true love… Love is something that will comfort you when you are having a bad day. Love is something that you feel, but you would be making excuses that you do not have any feelings. Also, true love always stays true and cares for you. I have a story to tell about true love.

My aunt, whose name is Leya was beautiful young woman. All the people that knew her said that she was a really nice and very pretty girl. One day, she met a guy whose name is Eric. Eric was a handsome young man as well, so he asked Leya out. At first, they only went out because it was fun. However, as the time passed, both realized that there was something more than just friendship coming now. Eric and Leya did not throw nor hide their feelings for each other. Their love life was known around the whole village, and everybody thought that they’d get married soon.

Marriage never happened though. One Sunday, Eric and Leya got into a little fight, and quarreled some. Quarreling with each other is a common thing for couples, but this little fight left the girl heartbroken. It happened on Sunday, and she was invited to a wedding. Since Eric and her separated, Leya decided that if there was any young man who would ask her to marry him. She would agree, as a thread to Eric.

Ironically, one particular not so handsome man came up to Leya and asked her to him, because he thought Leya was his soul mate. Leya was really surprised that a guy named Alex asked to marry him, but she agreed.

However, as years passed, Leya only then understood that her heart belonged only to Eric. It was the same with Eric, because he also married, but realized that his heart could only love that one person. They realized that both of them lost their true love only because of some little quarrel that happened. But, they never said it to anybody.

Many years had passed, and Leya had kids, as well as Eric. Then, one day Eric found out that Leya’s husband died because of some disease. He immediately told his wife that there is somewhere he had to go, and Eric left to see and comfort Leya. Even when many years passed, he still cared about Leya, and cared about her, as well as her feelings. He stayed at Leya’s house for one day. Saw her kids and asked how her husband treated Leya. When Eric knew all those details, only then he was satisfied and left. This is why I believe that there is such thing as true love… you just have to wait for it to come.