Mike - Reno, Nevada

Every Person Matters

By Mike Lombardo

I believe that no matter who you are, Whether it’s a homeless man on the

streets or the president of the united states of America you leave a legacy. Every

single life on this earth has an importance and touches other peoples lives. We

constantly have the need to be spectacular and to be known by everyone when none

of this matters. So what if your not a star football player with millions of fans. if you

are just an average Joe in a bar watching that football player on TV you need to

realize that you are just as important as him. We thrive ion success and are

constantly trying to provide the best lifestyle and I personally think that this is one

of our greatest flaws as humans.

The best example of this is shown in the 1946 Frank Capra film It’s A

Wonderful Life. It tells the story of a man named George Bailey who starts life as a

mere boy with hopes and dreams. But, unfortunately for some that’s not how life

works. So George spends his life trying to provide for his family with a terrible job

for years and years seeing all his fantasies wash away. He ultimately decides to kill

himself but is saved by an angel who shows him what life would have been like if he

was never born and realizes all he ever needed was his friend and family.

This is exactly what I am trying to get at. One life connects other lives, and if

you did not ever exist those lives would be scrambled up and thrown into turmoil.

We are constantly focused on achieving when all we really need is our family,

friends, even acquaintances. Now, I’m not saying it’s wrong to be successful.

But it should not be priority number one. I am also sure that we all have had

problems like the movie character George Bailey. And no doubt we will have them

in the future whether it is financial troubles or family problems we all really have

terrific lives because it’s truly the people we love and cherish is what keeps us living.