ronald - hopkinsville, Kentucky
Themes: fear

I believe that fear is a helpfully emotion. It make a person accomplish more in their lives When I was eighteen years old I was fearless always get into trouble not caring about the consequences. I didn’t care about anyone feeling but myself. I use to stay in trouble and I was continually in and out of jail as a young kid.

. One summer night my friend (Reggie) and I were at the locate night club. We were just stand around look for something to get onto. When suddenly we seen a young whom we had a lot of past and present issues to resolve. Reggie said that he was tired of this guy and he had something for him. Reggie drew his gun and begins walking toward the club. I told him forget it let go and we begin to argue. I told Reggie if you do this you going to get lock up again. So Reggie sprinted toward the doors and went onto the club. I stood outside for a couple of seconds and decided I’m going into the club to make sure nothing happen to him. As I begin walking toward the entrance I heard a loud bang. I begin to run toward the club doors as I reach the entrance. I saw Reggie walking out the door with a smile on his face and a hole the size of a softball in the left side of his chest. He collapse in my arm on the side of the road and died.

On that dark summer night fear became a big part on my life. Fear influence me leave the place where I grew up and to seek something better for myself. I join the army and rose in rank very quickly. Fear would not let me quit or fail in anything I wish to accomplish. I got shipped halfway across the world to the fight for my country. Fear kept my soldier and me watchful and alert. My fear of losing my soldier kept me focus and I had to do the right thing for their safe. My family that I have now fear make me a better father. I try to keep my kid focus on their school work, so they will have better opportunities than I had. I live in area where there are not a lot of people.

Without fear a lot of thing that happen in this world today would not be if it wasn’t for fear. Many people look at fear as a bad emotion but fear can push you to your full potential if you know how to use it the right way. Fear has changed me in so many good ways. Fear keeps my mind focus on the important thing in my life because I don’t want to lose them like I lost Reggie that summer night. I wish I could explain how to use this very unique emotion to your advantage but only time and your own mind can show you the way