Everything for a Reason

Cody - Lumpkin, Georgia

God works in mysterious ways. I believe that he does everything for a reason. Weather you realize it or not, there are situations in which you might want to do something but it seems that everything that can mess it up does. Suppose you want to go to the movies one day with some friends one particular day, your car decides to break down, your parents have to work and cannot take you, and the friends you planned to go with were already at the theatre and do not have enough gas to pick you up and get back to the movie.

Maybe all this happened for a reason. So now you are sitting at home with no way of going when all of a sudden, about half-way through the movie you could be watching, you get a call. When you answer, you find it to be one of your friends that is going through a hard time and needs someone to talk to. There is no way to know what your friend could or would have done had you not been there to talk to him. I guess these events could be coincidental, but I believe that there is more to it than pure happenstance.

I have had this happen to me quite a few times, though it does not always involve something this important. A good example would be the time I was at school but felt terrible. I had contemplated going home after the first two periods, but after I called my mom there seemed to be no way for me to get home. As bad as I felt I continued the day wishing I had been able to leave, when fifth period came. One of my friends then asked me to help her with an in class project, that is when I realized that there was a reason that I had not been able to go home earlier, God had already planned for me to help her with this project so that she would not fail the class.

So whether it is your car not starting or you find yourself in a situation that you just cannot get out of, just stop and think about it for a little while. After the countless number of times it has happened to me personally, I finally realized that there are too many great coincidences for it all to be pure chance. God does indeed do everything for a reason.