Nickolas - Austin, Texas
Themes: setbacks

PAIN

I believe in pain.

I love to live my life and enjoy all the good things that can come from living, but not everything stays good like I wish it would.

Falling in love changed my life. It was the best feeling I had ever felt in my life. I felt like I could do anything as long as she was by my side. Love took me to a higher level of living, making me feel invisible to all the bad things in life that could hurt me.

I was so sure that the love I had for her was going to last and that no one could tell me otherwise. It felt like we were meant to be together and I believed she would be the girl I was going marry. Anything that wasn’t a part of my relationship just didn’t seem that important and I gave it my all to make the relationship work.

However, I couldn’t help the fact that she lost focus of me and she began to feel like she wasn’t in love with me anymore. As I talked to her she explained to me everything that she was going through and she just felt like she didn’t need any extra pressure or stress so she decided that she needed some time to herself and she broke up with me.

Just hearing her tell me that she didn’t feel like she was still in love with me literally felt like someone was stepping on my heart. At first I felt like I didn’t know what I was going to do without her and I just felt so lost like I was stuck in a bad dream.

Personally, I never thought we would break up, but obviously I was wrong. I believe the pain of getting your heart broke is the worst feeling a human can have, but if it wasn’t for the pain, I wouldn’t be able to tell what the good feels like and it taught my some important lessons about love. Eventually the pain ceased and I felt good. After we broke up it did help me to learn to appreciate the good things rather than just focusing on the bad things that may happen.