Amanda - Austin, Texas
Themes: work

Having a belief was hard for me. What could I truly believe in? Why believe in anything if it didn’t exist? I look at the word “if.” If shows that there is a separate chance. It didn’t necessarily mean a definite no or a yes. I realized what to believe in and that is a possibility. All my beliefs and wants could be true, or become true. There is a chance that it may not be, but at least there is a chance and it isn’t hopeless. With possibilities, I could do anything. I could pass a difficult test; believe in Jesus, and even aliens.

Without possibilities, I would stop believing in myself. I wouldn’t want to try, I’d just give up. I wouldn’t have hope. I wouldn’t have beliefs. I wouldn’t have dreams. Possibilities make me a believer, a dreamer, and a hard worker, because some things, like passing a class, just aren’t possible without hard work.

However, I do have to create my own possibilities at times. For instance, I know I can’t pass a class if I never went, opened a book, or studied. I know it isn’t possible, but if I did all those things I could possibly pass, and quite possibly with a pretty awesome grade.

Like the old saying says, “The possibilities are endless,” everything has possibilities. As long as there is a possibility, I’ll keep on believing in whatever I wish to believe in. That is, until they are scientifically proven not possible. But, until they are, I can still believe in whatever I want because of the possibilities. Besides, there is a possibility that the scientists are wrong.