Nicole - San Diego, California

It’s hard to believe that in today’s fast paced world people actually take the time to enjoy each day. Growing up I’ve always heard the saying live for today because tomorrow may never come. Unfortunately this expression didn’t hit home until there was an unexpected tragedy.

Not to long ago one of my good friends died in a car accident. I started to think that if my friend could pass away at such a young age than why couldn’t I? It’s sad to think that it took such a devastating tragedy to really put my life into perspective. Was I doing all the things that I’ve dreamed of, do I live today like it’s going to be my last?

Like most people my answer was no. In today’s world we are so consumed with success and getting ahead that we rarely get to enjoy each day. I have my daily schedule of school, work, dinner, and then homework. It’s rare to have enough time to do not only everything that I need to do but also what I want to do.

I believe that life can be stressful but there needs to be a balance between looking ahead to the future and learning to enjoy today. We should strive to take the time to really enjoy each day before it’s too late. There shouldn’t have to be a life changing event or tragedy that makes us realize this. Take risks, do something that you’ve always dreamed of, and most of all enjoy life as it comes.