Keep Striving for Success

Sinan - el cajon, California

I was raised by parents who helped me keep a sense of direction in life. I was taught to pursue what interested me. From a child to a man, I have had many goals and tried many things, some easy and others more challenging. I always finish what I start and that’s what makes me as successful as I am today.

I believe in never giving up. Have you ever dreamt about being the best in a sport, or making tons of money, I sure have. I currently own and operate two businesses and simultaneously attend university. As you could imagine, this is not an easy task. Everyday I wake up and know I have a fifteen hour day ahead of me and giving up is not an option. I vision what needs to be done and keep my eyes on the prize.

There is nothing more joyful to me than being faced with a challenge and overcoming it, like the satisfaction of being an underdog in a sports match and being crowned victorious. Challenging days happen on a daily basis and I know I can beat the challenge. People said I was too small to be a high school wrestler, but I shined on my varsity team; people said I wouldn’t finish university, but here I am in my final semester. If I was ever unable to achieve something, I always bounced back for another chance at success.

To me giving up means failing and I strive for success. Never giving up means always moving forward despite what obstacles are thrown in front of me. I don’t have to be the best at everything I do, as long as I try my best I am achieving my goal. Getting through a day that is physically demanding and emotionally distressing is a sign of success. Through hard work and perseverance anything is possible.