erik - san antonio, Texas

I have a disease, I have to live with it every day of my life and I hate it. It controls nearly every aspect of what I do and how I do it. There is a cure for it, but the medicine is too hard to swallow. I am a procrastinator. I find joy in having fun and putting off what should be done now. Call it sadistic but that’s what I love. When I was born I was surrounded by a nation who presses this disease on me, telling me to pay later and not rewarding me when I do things early. I live in America and America doesn’t want me to have a cure. I’ve been told of different ways to fight my disease. I’ve had people tell me to stop, but all in vain. Telling someone to stop procrastinating is like telling a depressed person to stop being depressed. They cannot stop, they need help.

People have researched and found that through therapy and hard work it can be taken care of. But why should I? I love putting stuff off, and I can’t stop. I believe life will be better for me if I rid myself of this disease but the loss of joy from achieving freedom is too much for the weak mind this disease has left.

I will do whatever it takes to keep myself from doing what I don’t want to do. With the new technology in America today it’s hard not to find something to do. If I don’t want to listen to the professor I can open my phone and have the world at my figure tips. If I don’t want to do my homework I have countless shows and games on my computer, and there is always someone down to party.

I have no one to blame for this vile habit I have. I want it to leave me, it hurts me, but the pain of changing seems much greater. There is so much more to my disease but I just got a txt, I’m bored and there’s a party going on down stairs…