Colby - San Diego, California
Themes: children, hope

I believe in faith, trust, and pixie dust. If this brings a smile to your face as you reminisce about your childhood, it should. But Peter Pan knew what he was talking about. Pixie dust is a funny little ingredient in the recipe of living well. Faith and trust are the essentials of the cake, which everybody has to use, and pixie dust is your favorite icing, the kind that makes the cake your favorite. It can be many different things for many different people. My personal pixie dust is remembering to be a good person, do good things, and help other people. And my faith and trust help me to be able to become the woman I want to be and shape my life how I strive to live it.

Sometimes, it can be hard to have faith in the fundamental good nature of people. Yet it is a crucial component of life. Human beings are by nature social creatures, and family and friends are some of the greatest blessings. Without the people that are held near and dear to one’s heart, it would be like a cake without the baking powder. It would fall flat, and even though it would be edible, it wouldn’t be nearly as much fun to eat. No matter what happens, you’ll never get through it without your friends. And friendship stems from faith.

Life is like riding a roller coaster blindfolded. There will be ups and downs, and sometimes there will be sharp turns you never even saw coming. But you only get one life and it isn’t that long…therefore, the importance of trust cannot be forgotten. Trust in life, trust in love, and trust in yourself. There will be times when life seems too hard and you feel it can’t be real…but despite all of this, there will be good times, too. And trusting and believing in the future is imperative to living well.

An everyday mantra of mine is to be a good person, do good things, and help other people. These are ideas that I strive to put into action on a daily basis. For me, this involves putting others first and doing whatever I can to make someone else’s life a little bit more enjoyable. It’s about telling the truth and championing the causes of those who cannot stand up for themselves. It’s about realizing that every step I take is towards a better future. It’s about making examples, not following them, and allowing other people to follow in your footsteps. Pixie dust is that extra little push that one needs to be able to spread their wings and fly.

The passion and conviction I have in my life enable me to defend my attitude and values. The ideals that I hold close to my heart allow my beliefs to fly sky high and design my life how I want to live it. Faith, trust, and pixie dust. This I believe.